Duration– 1 day a week for 15 weeks. Lessons run from 9:30AM – 4:30PM
Cost Our level beauty course is completely free for anyone claiming universal credit or job seekers allowance. You must live in the London borough to be eligible.
- Eye treatments (tinting & shaping)
- Waxing including (face & body)
- Make –up ( basic application)
Alongside the units you cover, you also learn all the theory behind each treatment. Throughout the course, you will receive an in depth training manual for each unit enabling you to carryout assignments and a revision pack for your exams. You are also required to carry out practical assessments in each unit as part of your training. You will be required to bring in models to carry out your assessments on.
You will be provided with a manicure, facial and eye treatment and Pedicure kit to use throughout your course. You will be required to purchase additional equipment for you to practice at home.
After successful completion and full attendance of the course, you will gain VTCT level 2 in beauty specialist techniques. Your certificate is fully recognised and insurable across the country.
Sickness and Absence
We understand that from time to time people are sick or are unable to attend pre booked appointments or training sessions. If this occurs, you must let your assessor/academy manager aware of this.
You are reminded that all work submitted as part of your course for assessment to Glitz & Glam must be authentic, this being your work.
Rules while at Glitz & Glam Academy
- We require you to arrive 15 minutes prior to your lesson starting for you to get set up for the day
- To stay professional at all times
- We do not tolerate bullying or any mistreating of other students
- We require all assignments given to be completed & handed in on time
- No eating in classrooms. We have a working kitchen you can use
- No personal belongings in classrooms, you will be provided with a locker to lock away any personal items (including phones)
- We require you to wear uniform while on your course, Black Tunic, Black trousers & sensible foot wear